Not Currently Updated

I started documenting stock spam in October 2005, but in November 2005, the quantity of stock spam became so large that I put it on hold. In mid-May 2006 I decided to take it up again on a trial basis, limiting reports to one per day per stock, but I gave up again in mid-June 2006 as the workload was still excessive relative to the importance of the issue. Others continued to do a fine job of it -- see the links at left -- but according to statistics from spamnation, the problem peaked in 2007 and dropped off abruptly in 2008, becoming a mere trickle in 2009/10. I'm leaving this blog online as a historical reference, but I have no further plans to update it, and I've disabled comments because nobody has tried to post anything but spam comments here in a long time.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Updates will cease again

Once again, the sheer amount of stock spam out there is making it difficult to keep up without dedicating more resources to this blog than I am willing to allocate. If I find a more efficient means of tracking stock spam, I'll do so, but I'm giving it up for now.

No comments: