Not Currently Updated

I started documenting stock spam in October 2005, but in November 2005, the quantity of stock spam became so large that I put it on hold. In mid-May 2006 I decided to take it up again on a trial basis, limiting reports to one per day per stock, but I gave up again in mid-June 2006 as the workload was still excessive relative to the importance of the issue. Others continued to do a fine job of it -- see the links at left -- but according to statistics from spamnation, the problem peaked in 2007 and dropped off abruptly in 2008, becoming a mere trickle in 2009/10. I'm leaving this blog online as a historical reference, but I have no further plans to update it, and I've disabled comments because nobody has tried to post anything but spam comments here in a long time.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Re: News


Breaking news alert issue - big news coming.

Allixon International Corporation
A X C P . P K
Editor's note: the stock symbol "AXCP.PK" has had spaces embedded in it, possibly to act as filter-buster, or to foil search attempts on "AXCP". As you can see, I want people searching on "AXCP" to know that spammers are pumping it, so I'm re-inserting the term here without the tricky spaces.

We give it to you again as a gift. This company is doing
incredible things. They have cash and have made great
strategic aquisitions. Current price is $4.70.
Short term projection is $8. This company has dropped
big new's in the past. Who's to say they don't have
another big one.


Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself.
Didn't I ever tell you? Bumbles Bounce!
A donut without a hole...is a danish.
The strongest principle of growth lies in the human choice.
Love is an obsessive delusion that is cured by marriage.
Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better.
Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.
Let's have some new cliches.
If you are going to do something wrong at least enjoy it.
When in doubt, tell the truth.
To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself.

Intolerance of ambiguity is the mark of an authoritarian personality.
Keeping your clothes well pressed will keep you from looking hard pressed.
The 100% American is 99% an idiot.
Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
Riches are not an end of life, but an instrument of life.
We are given children to test us and make us more spiritual.
Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.
Time is what prevents everything from happening at once.

No comments: